AGW 11 -U | Automatic Girth Welder | 3 O’Clock Welder | Horizontal Tank Welder can be used for standard bottom up or top down tank Jack-UP construction.
Standard AGW / Automatic girth welder characteristics:
- Standard configuration of the automatic girth welding machines the is reliable LINCOLN welding system
- Dual AC variable frequency motor drive ensures that the welding machine could walk along the storage tank stably within a certain speed range
- The machine head is equipped with welding seam automatic tracking system to keep the welding gun position accurately in the weld seam during the welding process.
- Powerful vacuum pump mounted in the middle part of the AGW frame to provide an effective flux recovery and recycling system.
- Additional flux holding mechanism has been added just above the welding head and flux belt to provide a more consent flow of flux to the welding process.
- The welding machine could be operated conveniently and clearly via the integrated control panel
- Available in single sided and double sided models for performing double and single side welding of liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas tanks
Girth Welders Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.
- Traditional oil & water tank welding
- Tank Jack up type erection with below AGW track travel system
- Submerged arc welding (single-wire or twin-wire welding)
- Applicable tank diameter: 4.5m and above
- Applicable plate thickness: 8-45mm
- Applicable plate width: 1.8-3.2m (for bottom up tank shell plate erection) and 1.8-2.6m (Tank Jack up erection)
- Applicable steel grade: Carbon steel, low alloy steel, high strength steel
- Rack speed range: 100-2650mm/min
Optional AGW equipment:
- MPS (mobile power source, diesel welding machine) available for single or double sided welding
- Electric winch with arm mounted on top of AGW frame for lifting flux and wire from ground level to the working levels of the AGW
- Flux hopper heating element
- Automatic girth weld seam buffing attachment
- Intercom for the double sided AGW II
Automatic Girth Welder (AGW)
Automatic Girth Welder (AGW) witch is also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) is a submerged arc automatic girth welding machines. An AGW is the machine used to automatic weld the circumferential weld inside and outside of vertical storage tank. By using AGW machines to replace manual welding the on-site storage tank welding time and welding defects can be significantly reduced.
AGW basic components include the frame, machine head mechanism, control unit, flux towing, flux recovery system, welding power and the storage case.
The girth welder is an automatic welding machine that straddles the tank plate and is used to complete a tanks circumferential weld joints. It’s typically used in a single or double sided configuration. In the single sided configuration one operator is required and welding on one side of the joint occurs. In the double sided configuration two operators are required and welding occurs simultaneously on both sides of the weld joint.
Use of girth welders will offer increases of productivity of by up to 10 times as opposed to manual completion and with the additional benefit of improved weld quality.
The AGW Tank welders are a series of self-propelled Automatic Girth Welders (3 o’clock) welding equipment primarily developed for on-site erection of large storage tanks, silos, blast furnaces and similar cylindrical objects. It is available as a single-side version and a double-side version. Usually it is designed to travel on the top edge of the tank shell. As there are different ways of building tanks, one machine in the series is designed to travel on a rail which is temporarily fixed to the shell or on a stand-alone ring outside the shell. This line of equipment is built to safety European CE safety standards and USA / Canadian safety standards cETLus approved for use in North America.
The operator of each machine (of the full size version) rides in a cabin, where he supervises and controls the welding process with the control panel within easy reach. The cabin, whose floor level under the carriage is variable to suit the height of the plate, is built as a cage to give the operator(s) maximum safety and comfort. For weather protection the cage can be covered by curtains. The cabin of a double-side machine is equipped with ladders our an internal frame climbing system and a joining bridge at the top to facilitate for the operators to climb from one side to the other. The top and bridge has guard rails for the safety of the operators.
The line of tank equipment we supply includes items such as over 10 models of the Automatic Girth Welder (AGW), AGW-LNG, AGW-USA, AGW-LW Light Weight Automatic Girth Welder AGW-1, AGW-11, AGW-P, AGW-P2, AGW-stiffener welder, AGW-Mini, AGW-Sphere welder, AGW-Mig, witch are also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) Including an AGW built for tank Jacking (tank jack-Up) projects.
Lincoln AGW consumables. premierweld-agw-flux-wire
Tank Welding LLC.
Is your complete source for Automatic Storage Tank Welding Machines.
We specialize in custom built to order automatic tank welding machines for LNG & flat bottom tanks. We have over 10 standard Automatic Girth Welders (AGW) A.K.A. (3:00, 3 O’clock Welder) designs. EGW (Electrogas Welder), VUP & AVW Automatic Vert Welders, Vert Buggy, Tank Jacking systems, automatic Sphere, Pipe, Shop, & Shipyard welders. This line of equipment is built with your choice of USA made Lincoln or Miller welding systems. Our AGW travel is powered by top of the line twin German engineered inverter controlled SEW drive motors.
Tank Welding LLC specializes in supplying standard designs along with custom built to order automatic welding and erection equipment for the global Tank, Pressure Vessel construction & fabrication industry. Tank Welding also offers multiple types of automatic Pipe welders, Ship Yard, Fab Shop automatic welding, cutting and positioning equipment. The line of tank equipment we supply includes items such as over 10 models of the Automatic Girth Welder (AGW), AGW-LNG, AGW-USA, AGW-LW Light Weight Automatic Girth Welder AGW-1, AGW-11, AGW-P, AGW-P2, AGW-stiffener welder, AGW-Mini, AGW-Sphere welder, AGW-Mig, AGW-Jack-UP, which are also known as a (3 O’clock welder), EGW-V (Electrogas Welder), EGW-P (Electrogas Welder), EGW-Jack-UP (Electrogas Welder), EGW = Electro Gas Welder witch is also known as a Vertical Up Welder (VUP), is a single pass Vertical-Up welder (VUP), AVW-multi pass, AVW-Jack-UP, AVW automatic vertical welder, manual and electric powered Shell Buggy (also know a Vert Buggy), Tank Jack-up systems and a lot of various tank welding & erection equipment to fit most company’s needs. Explore all of our merchandise and feel free to contact us by phone or email. Click here for our Equipment Catalog
In the global market place, we offer standard designs and custom-built welding, cutting, erection equipment for the Tank, Pressure Vessel construction & welding industry. We also offer multiple types of automatic Pipe welders, Ship Yard, Fab Shop automatic welding & cutting equipment. Our line of equipment includes items such as the (AWP) Automatic Pipe Welder, Custom Engineering, Column & Boom Manipulator, Header Welder, L Positioner, Longitudinal seam welder, Pro-Cut automatic cutting equipment, Ship Yard (EGW) Electrogas Welder, Turning roll, Welding Lathe, AGW flux belt, Automatic Grinder, Automatic Vert Buggy, Manual Vert Buggy, Tank Jacking (Tank Jack-UP) systems, Automatic girth seam gouger, AGW and AVW (MPS) Mobile Power Source, LT7 magnet attachment device, LT7 seam tracking attachment, Automatic Girth Welder (AGW), AGW-LNG, AGW-USA, AGW-LW Light Weight Automatic Girth Welder AGW-1, AGW-11, AGW-P, AGW-P2, AGW-stiffener welder, AGW-Mini, AGW-Sphere welder, AGW-Mig, AGW-Jack-UP, which are also known as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder), EGW-V (Electrogas Welder), EGW-P (Electrogas Welder), EGW-Jack-UP (Electrogas Welder), EGW=Electro Gas Welder witch is also known as a Vertical Up Welder (VUP), is a single pass Vertical-Up welder (VUP), AVW-multi pass, AVW-Jack-UP, AVW automatic vertical welder, manual and electric powered Shell Buggy (also know a Vert Buggy), Tank Jack-up systems and a lot of various Tank Welding & erection equipment to fit most company’s needs.