AGW 11 -U | Automatic Girth Welder | 3 O’Clock Welder | Horizontal Tank Welder | automatic tank girth welding machine can be used for standard bottom up or top down tank Jack-UP construction.
Automatic girth welder characteristics:
- Standard configuration of the automatic girth welder it the reliable LINCOLN welding system
- Dual AC variable frequency motor drive ensures that the Automatic Girth Welder could walk along the storage tank stably within a certain speed range
- The Automatic Girth Welder head is equipped with welding seam automatic tracking system to keep the welding gun position accurately in the weld seam during the welding process.
- Powerful vacuum pump mounted in the middle part of the Automatic Girth Welder frame to provide an effective flux recovery and recycling system.
- Additional flux holding mechanism has been added just above the welding head and flux belt to provide a more consent flow of flux to the welding process.
- The welding machine could be operated conveniently and clearly via the integrated control panel
- Available in single sided and double sided models for performing double and single side welding of liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas tanks
Automatic Girth Welder Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.
- Traditional oil & water tank welding
- Tank Jack up type erection with below AGW track travel system
- Submerged arc welding (single-wire or twin-wire welding)
- Applicable tank diameter: 4.5m and above
- Applicable plate thickness: 8-45mm
- Applicable plate width: 1.8-3.2m (for bottom up tank shell plate erection) and 1.8-2.6m (Tank Jack up erection)
- Applicable steel grade: Carbon steel, low alloy steel, high strength steel
- Rack speed range: 100-2650mm/min
Optional AGW equipment:
- MPS (mobile power source, diesel welding machine) available for single or double sided welding
- Electric winch with arm mounted on top of AGW frame for lifting flux and wire from ground level to the working levels of the AGW
- Flux hopper heating element
- Automatic girth weld seam buffing attachment
- Intercom for the double sided AGW II
Lincoln AGW consumables. premierweld-agw-flux-wire