Automatic Girth Welder | 3 O’Clock Welder | Horizontal Tank Welder | the AGW 11-U tank girth welding machine can be used for standard bottom up or top down tank Jack-UP construction.
Automatic girth welder characteristics:
- Standard configuration of the automatic girth welder it the reliable LINCOLN welding system
- Dual AC variable frequency motor drive ensures that the Automatic Girth Welder could walk along the storage tank stably within a certain speed range
- The Automatic Girth Welder head is equipped with welding seam automatic tracking system to keep the welding gun position accurately in the weld seam during the welding process.
- Powerful vacuum pump mounted in the middle part of the Automatic Girth Welder frame to provide an effective flux recovery and recycling system.
- Additional flux holding mechanism has been added just above the welding head and flux belt to provide a more consent flow of flux to the welding process.
- The welding machine could be operated conveniently and clearly via the integrated control panel
- Available in single sided and double sided models for performing double and single side welding of liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas tanks
Automatic Girth Welder Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.
- Traditional oil & water tank welding
- Tank Jack up type erection with below AGW track travel system
- Submerged arc welding (single-wire or twin-wire welding)
- Applicable tank diameter: 4.5m and above
- Applicable plate thickness: 8-45mm
- Applicable plate width: 1.8-3.2m (for bottom up tank shell plate erection) and 1.8-2.6m (Tank Jack up erection)
- Applicable steel grade: Carbon steel, low alloy steel, high strength steel
- Rack speed range: 100-2650mm/min
Optional AGW equipment:
- MPS (mobile power source, diesel welding machine) available for single or double sided welding
- Electric winch with arm mounted on top of AGW frame for lifting flux and wire from ground level to the working levels of the AGW
- Flux hopper heating element
- Automatic girth weld seam buffing attachment
- Intercom for the double sided AGW II
Tank Welding LLC.
Is your complete source for Automatic Storage Tank Welding Machines.
We specialize in custom built to order automatic tank welding machines for LNG & flat bottom tanks. We have over 10 standard Automatic Girth Welders (AGW) also know as an 3 O’clock Welder designs. EGW (Electrogas Welder), VUP & AVW Automatic Vert Welders, Vert Buggy, Tank Jacking systems, automatic Sphere, Pipe, Shop, & Shipyard welders. This line of equipment is built with your choice of USA made Lincoln or Miller welding systems. Our AGW travel is powered by top of the line twin German engineered inverter controlled drive motors.