Light weight 3 O’Clock Welder / Automatic Girth Welder (AGW) which is also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) is a light weight automatic girth welder that has a narrower & lighter built frame than our standard full size AGW to reduce it’s weight available as a single or double sided AGW.
The girth welder is an automatic welding machine that straddles the tank plate and is used to complete a tanks circumferential weld joints. It’s typically used in a single or double sided configuration. In the single sided configuration one operator is required and welding on one side of the joint occurs. In the double sided configuration two operators are required and welding occurs simultaneously on both sides of the weld joint.
The AGW Tank welders are a series of self-propelled Automatic Girth Welders (3 o’clock) welding equipment primarily developed for on-site erection of large storage tanks, silos, blast furnaces and similar cylindrical objects. It is available as a single-side version and a double-side version. Usually it is designed to travel on the top edge of the tank shell. As there are different ways of building tanks, one machine in the series is designed to travel on a rail which is temporarily fixed to the shell or on a stand-alone ring outside the shell. This line of equipment is built to safety European CE safety standards and USA / Canadian safety standards cETLus approved for use in North America.
The operator of each machine (if a full size version) rides in a cabin, where he supervises and controls the welding process with the control panel within easy reach. The cabin, whose floor level under the carriage is variable to suit the height of the plate, is built as a cage to give the operator(s) maximum safety and comfort. For weather protection the cage can be covered by curtains. The cabin of a double-side machine is equipped with ladders our an internal frame climbing system and a joining bridge at the top to facilitate for the operators to climb from one side to the other. The top and bridge has guard rails for the safety of the operators.
Girth Welders Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.