AGW-1-EX (USA design) is a single sided Horizontal Tank Welder and the AGW-11-EX (USA design) is a double sided Horizontal Tank Welder witch are also know as an Automatic Girth Welder (AGW) and is also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) horizontal tank welder built with expandable seating area frame to provide more room for the operators when there is room for this to be done on Flat bottom tanks. This design also allows the seating area frames to be removed so the operator can stand on scaffold while operating the AGW on LNG and Flat bottom tanks. It is also built to fit in the narrow space between the outer tank wall and the inner LNG tank shell plate to perform low-temperature storage tank automatic girth welding.
- Double wall storage tank welding can be equipped for AC welding or DC welding applications
- Standard AGWI/II-USA by design can weld plate width up to 3.8m without modification, 4.5m wide plate with some minor modifications and a custom built AGWI/II-USA can weld plate wide as 7.5m.
Girth Welders Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Standard AGW configuration is the reliable LINCOLN welding system, or other brands of welding system can be selected according to customer requirements.
- Dual AC variable frequency motor drive ensures that the AGW welding machine could walk along the storage tank stably within a certain speed range.
- The machine head is equipped with welding seam automatic tracking system, and the welding gun could position accurately during the welding process.
- Powerful vacuum pump mounted in the middle part of the AGW frame to provide an effective flux recovery and recycling system.
- Additional flux holding mechanism has been added just above the welding head and flux belt to provide a more consent flow of flux to the welding process.
- The welding machine could be operated conveniently and clearly via the integrated control panel.
- The special model could be used for double side welding of liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas tank, and upward installation/inverse installation welding.
- MPS (mobile power source, diesel welding machine) available for single or double sided welding
- Electric winch with arm mounted on top of AGW frame for lifting flux and wire from ground level to the working levels of the AGW
- Flux hopper heating element
- Automatic girth weld seam buffing attachment
- Intercom for the double sided AGWII-EX