AGW P is an unmanned AGW | Automatic Girth Welder | AGW | 3 O’Clock Welder | Tank Welder designed to travel on a rail which is temporarily fixed to the shell plate.
The AGW P unmanned are AGW Tank welders that are a series of self-propelled Automatic Girth Welders (3 o’clock) welding equipment primarily developed for on-site erection of large storage tanks, silos, blast furnaces and similar cylindrical objects. It is available as a single-side version and a double-side version. Usually it is designed to travel on the top edge of the tank shell. As there are different ways of building tanks, one machine in the series is designed to travel on a rail which is temporarily fixed to the shell or on a stand-alone ring outside the shell. This line of equipment is built to safety European CE safety standards and when required it can be built to USA / Canadian safety standards cETLus approved for use in North America.
The operator of each machine (if a full size version) rides in a cabin, where he supervises and controls the welding process with the control panel within easy reach. The cabin, whose floor level under the carriage is variable to suit the height of the plate, is built as a cage to give the operator(s) maximum safety and comfort. For weather protection the cage can be covered by curtains. The cabin of a double-side machine is equipped with ladders our an internal frame climbing system and a joining bridge at the top to facilitate for the operators to climb from one side to the other. The top and bridge has guard rails for the safety of the operators.
- AGW1-P adopts simple rack, light structure, convenient for transportation
- Rack traveling track could weld to suitable height on tank wall according to welding seam position, wider applicable plate width range
- Traveling mechanism is equipped with clutch, and the rack can be manually moved under clutch state
The girth welder is an automatic welding machine that straddles the tank plate and is used to complete a tanks circumferential weld joints. It’s typically used in a single or double sided configuration. In the single sided configuration one operator is required and welding on one side of the joint occurs. In the double sided configuration two operators are required and welding occurs simultaneously on both sides of the weld joint.
Use of girth welders will offer increases of productivity of by up to 10 times as opposed to manual completion and with the additional benefit of improved weld quality.
Girth Welders Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.
- Tank shell plate replacement welding
- Power generation welding
- Wind tower welding
- Applicable tank diameter: 3m and above
- Applicable plate thickness: 8-45mm
- Applicable plate width: >780mm
- Applicable steel grade: Carbon steel, low alloy steel, high strength steel
- Rack speed range: 100-2650mm/mim
The line of tank equipment we supply includes items such as over 10 models of the Automatic Girth Welder (AGW), AGW-LNG, AGW-USA, AGW-LW Light Weight Automatic Girth Welder AGW-1, AGW-11, AGW1-P, AGW1-P2, AGW-stiffener welder, AGW-Mini, AGW-Sphere welder, AGW-Mig, 3 O’clock welder. Including an AGW built for tank Jacking (tank jack-Up) projects.
Tank Welding LLC.
Is your complete source for Automatic Storage Tank Welding Machines. We specialize in custom built to order automatic tank welding machines for LNG & flat bottom tanks. We have over multiple Automatic Girth Welder designs (AGW) 3 O’clock Welder designs. EGW (Electrogas Welder), VUP & AVW Automatic Vert Welders, Vert Buggy, Tank Jacking systems, automatic Sphere welders. This line of equipment is built with your choice of USA made Lincoln or Miller welding systems. Our AGW travel is powered by top of the line twin German engineered inverter controlled drive motors.
Explore all of our merchandise and contact us by phone or email. https://tankwelding.com/about-us/