AGW 11 – LNG is an Automatic Girth Welder | AGW | 3 O’Clock Welder | Tank Welder built to fit in the narrow space of LNG / LPG and other double wall tanks.
AGW 1 – LNG is a single sided machine, AGW 2 – LNG is a double sided machine:
AGW LNG are either a AGW 1-LNG single sided or an AGW 2-LNG which double sided are Automatic Girth Welder (AGW) which is also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) built to fit in the narrow space between the outer tank wall and the inner tank shell plate to perform low-temperature storage tank automatic girth welding. AGW I/II LNG are available in standard proven designs and custom built-in single or double sided configurations. MPS = mobile power source is another option that can be added to most of the full size AGW’s we offer.
The AGW LNG Tank welders are a series of self-propelled Automatic Girth Welders (3 o’clock) welding equipment primarily developed for on-site erection of large storage tanks, silos, blast furnaces and similar cylindrical objects. It is available as a single-side version and a double-side version. Usually it is designed to travel on the top edge of the tank shell. As there are different ways of building tanks, one machine in the series is designed to travel on a rail which is temporarily fixed to the shell or on a stand-alone ring outside the shell. This line of equipment is built to safety European CE safety standards and USA / Canadian safety standards cETLus approved for use in North America.
The operator of each machine (of the full size version) rides in a cabin, where he supervises and controls the welding process with the control panel within easy reach. The cabin, whose floor level under the carriage is variable to suit the height of the plate, is built as a cage to give the operator(s) maximum safety and comfort. For weather protection the cage can be covered by curtains. The cabin of a double-side machine is equipped with ladders our an internal frame climbing system and a joining bridge at the top to facilitate for the operators to climb from one side to the other. The top and bridge has guard rails for the safety of the operators
- Double wall storage tank welding can be equipped for AC welding or DC welding applications
- Standard AGW I/II LNG by design can weld plate width up to 3.8m without modification, 4.5m wide plate with some minor modifications and a custom built AGW I/II LNG can weld plate wide as 7.5m.
The girth welder is an automatic welding machine that straddles the tank plate and is used to complete a tanks circumferential weld joints. It’s typically used in a single or double sided configuration. In the single sided configuration one operator is required and welding on one side of the joint occurs. In the double sided configuration two operators are required and welding occurs simultaneously on both sides of the weld joint.
Use of girth welders will offer increases of productivity of by up to 10 times as opposed to manual completion and with the additional benefit of improved weld quality.
Girth Welders Features
- Fully integrated with LINCOLN electric submerged arc welding systems as standard (other welding systems on client’s request).
- Twin SEW motors drive system for reliable and steady weld travel .
- Inverter control for accurate speed adjustment.
- Fully adjustable weld head/ flux belt assembly.
- Precision machined slides ensure correct weld placement.
- Laser pointer to ensure correct tracking of the weld head in the circumferential seam.
- Powerful, reliable and efficient blower type vacuum flux recovery system.
- Flux heater option to keep flux away from moisture.
- Sequence control in “Auto mode” to allow one button startup.
- Integrated control with cooling for reliable operation in high temperature environment.
- Ergonomically positioned for the operator.
- Standard AGW configuration is the reliable LINCOLN welding system, or other brands of welding system can be selected according to customer requirements.
- Dual AC variable frequency motor drive ensures that the AGW welding machine could walk along the storage tank stably within a certain speed range.
- The machine head is equipped with welding seam automatic tracking system, and the welding gun could position accurately during the welding process.
- Powerful vacuum pump mounted in the middle part of the AGW frame to provide an effective flux recovery and recycling system.
- Additional flux holding mechanism has been added just above the welding head and flux belt to provide a more consent flow of flux to the welding process.
- The welding machine could be operated conveniently and clearly via the integrated control panel.
- The special model could be used for double side welding of liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas tank, and upward installation/inverse installation welding.
- MPS (mobile power source, diesel welding machine) available for single or double sided welding
- Electric winch with arm mounted on top of AGW frame for lifting flux and wire from ground level to the working levels of the AGW
- Flux hopper heating element
- Automatic girth weld seam buffing attachment
- Intercom for the double sided AGW II LNG
The line of tank equipment we supply includes items such as over 10 models of the Automatic Girth Welder (AGW), AGW-LNG, AGW-USA, AGW-LW Light Weight Automatic Girth Welder AGW-1, AGW-11, AGW-P, AGW-P2, AGW-stiffener welder, AGW-Mini, AGW-Sphere welder, AGW-Mig, which are also know as a (3:00, 3 O’clock welder) Including an AGW built for tank Jacking (tank jack-Up) projects.
Tank Welding LLC.
Is your complete source for Automatic Storage Tank Welding Machines.
We specialize in custom built to order automatic tank welding machines for LNG & flat bottom tanks. We have over 10 standard Automatic Girth Welders (AGW) A.K.A. (3:00, 3 O’clock Welder) designs. EGW (Electrogas Welder), VUP & AVW Automatic Vert Welders, Vert Buggy, Tank Jacking systems, automatic Sphere, Pipe, Shop, & Shipyard welders. This line of equipment is built with your choice of USA made Lincoln or Miller welding systems. Our AGW travel is powered by top of the line twin German engineered inverter controlled drive motors.